17 June, 2009

A Beautiful Place


Tumaco is on the Pacific Coast of Colombia almost to Ecuador.
Part of the town/small city is on the mainland and part is on two small islands just at the coast with bridges connecting.
When I look at this I just think of pirates. I mean really, a great bay with calm water, with a rock like a landmark and most of the town on islands.
I guess they are still smuggling, just have new contraband.
There are gang wars that fight for control of the "sea routes" and the FARC gets involved.

But I thought one afternoon, that God gives his most beautiful gifts to all his children, even the poor in remote areas receive the rain and sun and enjoy their evenings in the breeze.
I'm thinking that He must have a plan to restore education and good health to his children who did not have the opportunity in this life through no fault of theirs, just that they were born somewhere remote.

How would it be to LIVE on Treasure Island?

Posted by Picasa