Something it took me a long time to get used to is a military escort. But now I will find it strange to go unaccompanied. There's always a motorcycle, a car, and an escort in your van/vehicle.
We treat them to lunch and bring them desserts and things.
They are really here for the general
This guy in the second photo in civilian clothes was hard pressed to keep up, Michael was going up and down the hill at the park, I was 2 steps behind him, and he was trying to look inconspicuous. Michale finally stayed closer when I explained he was making this guy's job too hard. Here we are trying "chontaduro". It is peeled and boiled 3 hours, then served with salt or salt and honey. The texture reminds me of yams.
If I am ever in the need of security I will come to Colombia for the best. With so many years of receiving american visitors I have observed that US security is belligerent and "really in your face" Colombian security is absolutely below the radar.
