15 November, 2009

I am in Palenquero Again


This week I was in Palenquero again, on the beautiful Magdalena River. I taught 8 1/2 hours of class every day (except Friday, it was a 3-day weekend, you know)
Geez-louise it is hot and muggy there, but I sat on the patio in the evenings and watched the sun set over the river. It's wide, smooth flowing and it's interesting to watch the birds fly over.

This little airplane is called the "Arava" an Israeli aircraft with very short take-offs and landings, named for the desert in the south of Israel, so they tell me. (The COLAF has a lot dealings with Israel and has just bought new aircraft from them.) Part of the deal is that they provide transportation, breakfast and lunch and a little guest room. With air conditioning. And then I work my heart out with as many activities and video segments and all of that as I can squeeze into the time. Apparently they are pleased with their progress.

Dad thinks it's funny that I pack my blanket and pillow, but there you are.
Posted by Picasa