27 August, 2009

What do you say at a 25th Anniversary?

so Dad and I went to TWO weddings and receptions this weekend.
One was a mass to renew the vows like a regular wedding and then a reception. It was sweet and tasteful, they are in their early 40s and married young. It was nice to see a guy with his own first wife (I thought I was the only and last one in the MILGP)
What do you say at a 25th wedding anniversary? "You're doing everything right, just keep doing it?"

A couple of hours later we went to another wedding in a private chapel, a gringo marrying a trophy Colombiana and was, I think, the most expensive wedding I ever went to. There were lobster and shrimp cocktails and and a musical sextet and 2 singers to accompany the mass, 2 different bands who traded off. it was fun and the wedding was nice, but it set me to thinking.

And what do you say to the guy who's marrying his 3rd wife? "Hope thing go better this time?"