13 May, 2014



People complain about this little bird.
They write angry posts when the Mocking Bird disturbs sings at night disturbing their rest. People grouse that they imitate the sound of car alarms
(they do indeed, which I find hilarious!)

Can you hear the incredulity in my voice? This is LAS VEGAS, for heaven's sake....throbbing and pulsing in the sizzling heat, people talk in loud voices all day long, shouting across lobbies and roaring their big trucks down residential streets.


The day before Easter I had an unusual amount of work,
hanging clothes to dry, hauling water for the garden
Cooking for dinner on Sunday--

By 10:30 pm I was dropping things because of fatigue
and the doggie was very anxious to go for his walk.
So we set out and I began moving sort of on autopilot.

Soon I was enjoying the light breeze and mild temperature,
and I remembered that soon we'll be hibernating (like Canadians in February)
from the extreme heat.

I smelled jasmine blooming somewhere,
and even welcomed the weeds in the cracks of the sidewalks (soon they'll be burned away)
At this late hour, I heard this bird singing his heart out, perhaps because of the glow of the streetlight.
I stood and stood, listening to him review 2 dozen songs. It lifted my spirits, and I felt revived.
"Happy Easter to You too God."