Some years ago I was travelling with my (then) 6 children ages one year to age 13. Kris could not be with us, and you know from experience that's when everything will go wrong.
On the first night of travel, the hotel refused us lodging when they saw 7 people ask for one room, so I went out of the hotel, called on the phone and lied to solve the problem (I'll sort that one out in heaven.) Airline tickets were lost, there was a heat wave, we were stranded in New York...A one day trip turned into three days.
The following night I managed to get my people into a hotel room around 10 pm. I sent up a prayer asking the Lord to watch my people while I was gone, and went out to get them something to eat.
When I returned with food in a couple of Styrofoam boxes, I remember thinking "Thank you Lord for giving me something to feed my children."
Many years later, one of my children, then in high school, finally stopped pacing long enough to show me an assignment (WAY overdue) that was distressing them so much. I was able to calm my student down just enough to have them explain the problem, and you know what?
It was a miracle. I knew the material, I knew the problem, and threw out an idea for a thesis statement, some bits from the material to support it and sent my student racing to the computer with notes on the back of a piece of paper.
"You have ideas now," I said, "get them on paper, and don't stop for anything while you have it clearly in mind!"
I remembered the food I found for my children years ago, and thought again "Thank you Lord for giving me something to feed my children"