I need to remind my children that there was a time that TV "signed off" for the day after the late movie. The 3 stations available to our area offered limited programming, so it represents no sacrifice when I say I never watched much TV as a child. I first watched "Star Trek" at age 19, and don't being much impressed.
So it is great fun to discover TV now! Netflix lets me watch the slow British Humour while I sew, and american detective shows are a real education. Detective shows are pretty entertaining and I am fascinated as I watch an agent or the FBI contrive an encounter so their client will see something, then manipulate something else, so another person will encounter them and after a lot more coordinating the final result is achieved. I wonder if that really happens.
So, back to real life. The other day, a real job presents itself, quite unexpectedly really. I could qualify for this job, I would do it well. Then there is a phone call, then a resume prepared and not sent in.. All of which served (in my mind) to clarify what I really think about a difficult circumstance. I'm being purposely vague here because the point is only this:
It is entirely probable, likely even, that God is in heaven contriving, organizing, and coordinating experiences for His children. He might arrange situations and encounters that help people (like me) to get their bearings and/or change their feelings on it. I am convinced that God is aware of His children's confusion and "growing pains," and, being the perfect father, is involved in their lives. I'm still not sure what lengths the FBI would go to, but God loves us a lot more than the FBI does.