So I am remembering one day that was so hot in Las Vegas,
it's the kind of heat that inspires revolutions in small countries.
So I am driving in that red mini van and I see a mother and 2 little kids on the side of the road with a broken car.
I don't even think twice and stop.
I don't ask them if they need help--I say "please let me take you somewhere."
The mother and kids get in the red mini van and I take them to a 7-11 (don't remember why), I keep the air conditioning running but leave the van door open while the mom is inside so the mom isn't nervous about her kids.
Then the mom directs me to her house and I drive them home.
I don't remark again on it again until I am listening to the radio and hear about riots in Las Vegas.
Remember the Rodney King riots in Las Angeles? There were riots in Las Vegas too.
But I thought about that mother and 2 kids and wondered if there were 3 people who didn't resent white people on that day.
