Your Dad has been in Colombia for
a 2 year assignment,
2 4-month assignments
and another 4 year assignment (nearly 7 years
He has smoothed over many disagreements and worked hard on many negotionations, he is the go-to guy for a lot of problems. How many times have I heard him say
"the guy you need to talk to is Col.____" and the Colombian on the phone says, "I don't want to talk to him, I want to talk to YOU"
His farewell party was at a small hotel here in the city, and I estimate a hundred people came to eat a little and dance a little and enjoy a couple of bands, one is in the second picture--traditional vallenato, not so great.
and the best music was from Eduardo who works in the office--that's him in the 3rd picture. Your dad and I danced most of the night, Valerie was scandalized because she says we dance too close, "but that's how vallenato is" I tell her.
The hotel gave your dad a room for the night with breakfast. He protested that he didn't have his toothbrush with him, but then he gave into temptation and we had a sleepover in this nice room (room service brought us a toothbrush :)
It was a nice farewell
