18 October, 2009

Dad is in Palenquero

Your dad is in the base at Palenquero this week helping the COLAF (That's Colombian Air Force. We also have COLMIL, COLAR, COLNAV) do an air exercise. They haven't done one before and he's very interested in HIS pilots and is helping them learn how to do briefings and video evaluations and so on. They have French Mirages and Israeli Kfirs, but the recent bombings were done by Super Brazilian Tucanos.
I am the only housewife I know who knows this stuff--but it makes me good at what I do--that is, teaching business and military english.
I went to turn in my last time sheet and my carnet ID card, but the contrator said, "hang on to it, I'm working on something for you."
And now your mom anguishes too-- should I take a contract that I would love and stay here? Or move with my family to keep everyone together but end up in a high school somewhere (ouch!)