and a more lengthy delay she finally got a new one. She wanted one with style and that had a certain "look". One day explained to me what she wanted, walked to the store, stood in line (the process has several stops) and got the one she wanted and did this all in her second language.
THEN she came home, went on line and activated it herself too.
This pleased me very much.
Later that same day, I needed some help and called her. But you know how kids get busy and don't come when you call them. I said to her in irritation "Well you can just give that phone back"
She handed the phone to me, and I suddenly realized I didn't want the phone, I wanted HER to have it. I wanted her to be happy and to have things she needed and wanted her to be able to call me any time. I was just wishing for a little cooperation.
Then I realized that must be how God feels about his children.
He wants us to be happy.
He wants us to have the things we need, things that give us pleasure and that we should be secure in the knowledge that He knows us and cares about us. He just wishes we would give Him a little cooperation.
