18 April, 2009

Soap. Also Motrin

I take it as a personal favour from God that I was born in a time when there was Motrin.

I also enjoy, no, REVEL, in the luxury that is soft, sweet-smelling soap.
Kitchen chores are more pleasant when you clean the counters with a spray that smells like peppermint. Or maybe basil, or perhaps orange.

Here's a recipe for

Home Made Counter Cleaner.
After squeezing oranges, save the peels just as they are,
chop just enough to fit closely in
a GLASS container with a lid (like a canning jar)
Cover with white ordinary vinegar.
Seal and set aside out of the light.
Let stand for 4 weeks, occasionally making sure the peels are still covered.

After 4 weeks, strain the peels from the liquid with a colander and pour into a spray bottle.
Discard orange peels.
The resulting liquid does not smell of vinegar but of orange
This cleans well but does not de-grease heavy oil marks as well.
Posted by Picasa