It happened again today.
We had lunch with a friend from the Air Force days
and
we heard about all the colleagues who now have nice homes
and the jobs that earn $$$
and when we say we are teaching, the friend says something like
"I really respect that kind of community service"
and change the subject.
Somehow,
the idea is that
we must be doing something wrong
if
we don't have high paying jobs
nice furniture
and house in an expensive area
I'm trying to take a lesson From Job
who had all kinds of hardship
and whose friends kept saying that Job must have sinned.
But Job hadn't sinned.
That's just how things went for him.
Also a lesson from Jonah
He was called to minister to a people he didn't care for
in a place he didn't like.
If the Old Testament faithful could appreciate their life lessons
then I can be philosophical about mine too.
With the added bonus of the laughs at cakewrecks dot com
