05 September, 2010

A Confession



I confess I really dislike my birthday.

There have been a few exceptions:
On my thirteenth birthday my parents got me a store-bought cake with gold leaves on it as decoration (I kept those leaves for 12 or 15 years)
and my "29th" birthday party which Kris threw me last year (the party to end all birthdays)

Also my best friend and amiga-de-corazon gave me this cake for no precise date.

I really detest my birthday. I usually spend it doing something like housework,
and, (really depressing) making my own birthday cake.

So I declare an end to it.
No more birthdays.
BUT if my friends want to eat lunch with me for no particular reason that would be fine.

I propose to simply not be home anymore on that miserable day.
This year I will be travelling with my husband who, it turns out, is a really great boyfriend, when he's had enough sleep. (haha)
We will be in Brazil (so don''t call me, I'll get charged roaming charges) I'll tell you how much BIG FUN we had when we get back.
Posted by Picasa