For 3 days
I am in my beautiful city Bogota again.
I love my people
I respect the dignity of workers who earn minimum wage.
I love the courtesy of doctors who converse with their patients before they start.
I love the way banks give polite service
and in exchange I tolerate waiting in line.
In wonderful Bogota
I am a princess.
I love the way people talk to me
I love the way taxistas get me where I want to be
I love the weather (which is absolutely perfect in March)
Kris will join me on Saturday
and we'll go together to a conference in San Andres for 4 days.
Your dad is happiest near the water,
beaches, the river, throwing rocks in streams...
who knows why?
It is a pleasure to see him organizing, covincing, coaxing, lunching, and schmoozing.
And not just the tired dad after the D.C. commute.
A pleasure.