13 December, 2009

Katie's Miracle

You see, Katie and 2 friends are working on a lab at school, and they clean the stainless steel table top with alcohol and then light it, you have heard of this right?

The fire and alcohol flare up (there's a story for your safety engineers) and Katie still has the alcohol bottle. This explodes and Katie's hand is on fire, her eyebrows are on fire and the fire is on the floor too.

I hear this after the fact, and I am horrified. But there she is, telling me about it, safe with only a little patch missing from her eyebrow.

She repeats the story several times and each time I realize how very serious it could have been. And "could" is the operative word here.
She told how she washed her hands and the black washed off too.
It seems they flooded her eyes in time and stamped out the fire...(there's a safety warning I need to give her, I think--don't stamp out fires--get help first!)

We get her eyes checked just in case, and decide it was God's own miracle that things turned out fine.
Posted by Picasa