13 September, 2009

Mom Eats Her Words

One of Mom's jobs is to organize holidays. Birthdays and so on.

The hazard is that people don't think about mom's birthday and forget it a lot....
I no longer get angry or sad I just use that day to do what I want to do, I shop, get my nails done, etc.

So this year I sit on the patio of a restaurant, watch the people and gossip with my friend, and when I go home the house is decorated and a whole lot of friends are there.
Surprise!
This year is different.

As you remember, your dad doesn't think about these things much. He has often looked up suddenly on the 23rd of December and said "What should I send my family for Christmas?"

Which is why he pays me so much to take care of these things, he says.

I am truly impressed by the thought and preparation this party must have taken,
what with all the organizing,
and running of errands,
renting of chairs,
paying the caterer,
and the band!
Kris is getting sentimental..
Posted by Picasa