25 August, 2013

"They Shall Come With Speed Quickly"

Katie was a lifeguard for several months, and it seems she did very well. I saw a video of her response and it was 11 seconds from chair to rescue. Here she is at a competition.


August 16th I went to Virginia to help Katie move into her dorm at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond.
It was good for me to see her "step up" and be a high-functioning adult the way she did.
She was fearless as she drove the capital beltway in rush hour
and relentless as she searched for addresses
"this is MY city" she said, "and I can be lost in it if I want to")

In Alexandria we drove in sight of the Atlantic Ocean, and one week later I was driving along the Pacific Ocean.

Kris, Michael and I drove to San Diego for Tyson's wedding (which was lovely) The reception was at a nice restaurant on the wharf,
After we danced all that the middle-class guests could handle (about 8 songs)
and they were packing up,
Kris and I crossed to the other side of the restaurant and danced cumbia and chacha with our people (that is, Mexicans)

I believe Isaiah saw this day,(my opinion)when he said "they shall come with speed swiftly: none shall...stumble among them; neither shall the...latchet of their shoes be broken" (I travelled in high heels--can you imagine the pioneers crossing the prairies in heels?)
though Isaiah notes you still can't sleep while travelling "none shall slumber or sleep"
Isaiah 5:26, 27