25 October, 2012

That Casserole With The Crushed Potato Chips on Top




In 1517 Martin Luther nailed 95 Theses to a cathedral door protesting practices of the Catholic Church of his time. (that's why they're Protestants, they protested)

I think all of us have in our minds some "theses" that we would like to nail to the door of the family home, protesting some mismanagement during growing up years.

If we later have children of our own, some of those things sort of get set aside, but I think we swear, adjure or otherwise affirm that we will NEVER do something that our parents did.

When we got married, Kris made me promise I would never spit on a handkerchief and wipe off anything with it.

As for my part, I swore in my youth that I would never again eat jello with cottage cheese or shards of carrot suspended in it. Or any hot dish based in Cream of Mushroom soup. (I admit to going back on that promise about devilled eggs though) Which just goes to say I had a happy childhood..

I truly hope my kids have a few things in mind-but not too many.