People often judge your success as a parent by how your children "turn out"
They never consider whether the person had a happy childhood
but only how they function as an adult.
I hope I've quoted this close enough, Brian.

I need to learn how to post pictures from way back when, and will do that, sooner or later,
but in the meantime, today I was remembering the week at Parque Mochima when we snorkled and swam and played at the rocky coast of Venezuela. We also spent a lot of time in the beach coast.
Remember the times we went out to Cayo Perrasa (sp?) and ate ice cream made in half coconut shells and snorkeled out on the reef.
Remember the long car drives before the ipod days? "Just use this time to think and sleep"
And remember the singing in the car? Remember how we read books out loud?
I particularly remember "Danny the Champion of the World"
I think we played a lot.